Sunday, January 22, 2012

The faces behind the B.H.S.


Next up: Our very beautiful AND talented 
Ursula A. Guderian
{Mystical Harlot, Grounding Ethereal Muse}


I was born in Mt. Shasta, raised in Northern California and currently live in Igo. I attended the Academy of Art College in San Francisco then returned to the North State area where my realization for creating jewelry was inspired. Art has always been a healing entity for me and I put forth that energy in my work. I create a line of "One of a Kind" and Limited Edition jewelry. I translate ancient and other worldly influences and images into unique, elegant contemporary creations. My jewelry is designed to touch all with a captivating mysticism. My intention is to provide a piece of art to wear that represents an extension of one’s self. The time that I spend on my work is always limited. My interests in life are my art work, my family and raising my 4 dogs.


Coffee Talk with Ursula
    
1. What is your earliest memory of knowing  you had an itch for design?

When I was 26 my friend, Erika and I were at Shasta Lake hanging out on the shore line taking in the Sunshine and visiting. She had brought with her some beading supplies and we started to "create". I remember how it brought such calm to me and how at that moment I had realized that I needed to get back in touch with my creative side.


2.  Food/drink  nourishment of choice when in design mode?

It depends entirely on the time of day. If it is in the morning/early afternoon, I will drink Herbal Tea. If it is in the late afternoon or evening I will be drinking Red Wine. Always Red. Red till I am dead baby. Red till I am dead. ;)


3. Favorite designers? Fashion, interiors, jewelry, Art, Architecture? a few will do...

Ralph Lauren. The late great Alexander Mcqueen. Donna Karen Love her work. I would have to say that Mr. Lauren is my top favorite. He has the ability to inspire me with just a swatch of fabric!


4. What is your mantra/motto?

Being intimately connected with every step in the creative process. Art, to me, has to be the end result of ones true passionate pursuit. To create something that is an extension of ones soul. I do tend to lean towards creating pieces inspired from an archeological object or a period in time.


5. How you you define a Burlap Harlot? What makes you one?


 ~ A free spirit, Opting to pop that cork
 on that lovely 2005 Mouvedre early 
in the day just to savor a moment of pure 
bliss. It's smiling, when you know someone 
is wrong,and saying "I never did mind 
about the little things."

6. As a designer what moves you? Where do you find inspiration?

I find inspiration from all kinds of venues. Landscapes, movies, magazines and most importantly, History. The movies "Troy" and "300" were packed with all kinds of creative ideas!

Bonus:
 7. How would you describe your creative process?

Visual stimulation comes in via: Landscapes, movies etc. Then, usually between 3:00-6:00 a.m. it hits me! My mind will pull together a piece from stored ideas and images. This is truly the initial  "raw" creative moment for me.



Designs Can Be Found At The Following Elite Locations:

~ The Velvet Loft
1790 California Street
Redding, CA

~ Faccia Bella beauty room by Appt. Only
3609 Bechelli Lane, Ste D Redding, CA
530-510-3924